[U-Boot] arm926ejs, timer:

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Fri Dec 10 09:51:37 CET 2010

Sorry for the noise, but...

>>> just looked in the timer implementation for arm926ejs based boards, and
>>> found that there is just the at91, davinci, nomadik timer implementation
>>> fixed in actual u-boot. I want to cleanup this timers too, but
>>> there are kirkwood, mb86r0x, orion5x, spear, versatile archs which use
>>> a lastdec var, which is not in global_data.h defined. So the question
>>> is should we add a lastdec to global_data.h or is it Ok, if I use
>>> lastinc for cleaning up?
>> I would suggest to take tbu, tbl, lastinc out of the AT91FAMILY #ifdef
>> to the generic part.
>
> maybe "unify" last{inc,dec} into last_hw ? Because they are supposedly the
> last (hardware) decrementer/incrementer values from the previous call.

define 4 u32's in the generic part:

u32	timer_use1;
u32	timer_use2;
u32	timer_use3;
u32	timer_use4;

and have the timer implementations themselves use defines to make them more readable.

#define lastinc gd->timer_use1

A future AT91 timer might not use tbu/tbl, but would need 4 values to keep track
of 2 independant timers for udelay() and a 1kHz base for *_timer().

Reinhard