[U-Boot] [ARM] start.s for 920t brocken?

Jens Scharsig js_at_ng at scharsoft.de
Tue Dec 14 20:38:27 CET 2010

Hello,

is it possible that, start.s for arm920t is broken with relocation?

I try make my board run with relocation and start from NOR Flash.

<snip>
start_code:
	/*
	 * set the cpu to SVC32 mode
	 */
	mrs	r0, cpsr
	bic	r0, r0, #0x1f
	orr	r0, r0, #0xd3
	msr	cpsr, r0

	bl	coloured_LED_init
	bl	red_LED_on

#if
<snip>

I found out, that the board crashes on calling coloured_LED_init.

So I comment out "bl coloured_LED_init" and "bl red_LED_on" and the board boots.
I think this both calls should be removed at this position or moved to a better place.
At this early position the C environment and stack are not initialized !?

Can anybody confirm this? Any suggestions or patches?

Thanks

Jens Scharsig