[U-Boot] u-boot for P2020-RDP

Zvi Vered veredz72 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 02:48:02 CET 2010

Hello,

I built u-boot-2010.09 for Freescale's P2020-RDB.

It works great !!!

The setup I used for SW4 is according to the startup guide. SW4[7] is on.

When SW4[7] is off u-boot hangs. It means:

"boot sequencer enabled and configuration information loaded from I2C ROM. A
valid ROM must be present. If not the card will hang".

I do not need the I2C ROM but for some reason, vxWorks 6.8 needs it. I'm
using u-boot to download vxWorks via tftp and run it (using bootelf)

What does u-boot hangs when SW4[7] is off ?
What should this I2C ROM contain ?
How can I flash this ROM ?

According to the manual, this board contains I2C ROM.

Thanks,
Zvika Vered