[U-Boot] [STATUS] v2009.08-rc3 is out

Jens Scharsig jens at scharsoft.de
Tue Dec 21 19:04:46 CET 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk:

>> But it runs only , if I use the newer 4.5.1 toolchain. I think, there are
>> toolchain issues with relocation
>
> Can you please try and investigate the issue?

I found out, that the board hangs if there u-boot access to non SDRAM
memory like NAND or frambuffer. I try to found the reason, but the
compiled code (option -0s) is hard to debug. So I compile the Code
without -Os and the board runs (also arm ELDK).
The question goes to the gcc guru's, what is the difference? The
assembly code is as expected completly different.

regards

Jens Scharsig