[U-Boot] ARM926ejs Porting: uboot.lds problem

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Thu Dec 23 07:36:12 CET 2010

Le 23/12/2010 00:08, ÓÚ»á a ¨¦crit :
> Thanks Albert!
>  >Without knowing the source code that you compile, it is hard to tell
>  >exactly what goes on. You say "code modified", but which board did you
>  >modify, and how exactly do you build it? A patch would be welcome to at
>  >least reproduce your build.
>  >
>  >Also, can you explain how exactly you get u-boot on the board if you
>  >don't have NOR? JTAG? Some other way?
>
> We have our own SoC, base on arm926ejs core, only ICache, DCache,
> and other APB, AHB, SRAM etc, base address different from other SoC,
> like davince, Marwell etc.
> What I porting, just reference to other arm926ejs board like atmel's
> at91cap9adk, but our board is a little different with it.
> First, I will run U-Boot from DRAM, no NOR or NAND, just use openocd
> to download U-Boot image to sdram base address: 0x40000000, and
> then execute it.
> Later, I will run from SPI NOR, Nand, MMC, SD etc.
> (How can code to u-boot main tree, Free as freedom)
> BTW, I didn't use any patches, where I get them?

I am not talking about patches that you should aply to u-boot; I am
talking about turning the changes that you made to u-boot into patches
and sending that to the list so that people (including me) can look at
them and provide comments. Anyway, you will have to submit patches
eventually if you want support for your SoC to be added to mainstream
U-boot; the sooner you do this, the less work you will have overall to
get the code accepted.

If you cannot provide the source code, then I'm afraid there is not much
I can do -- only you know what exact changes you did! I can only confirm
what you already suspect, that your issue is certainly related to ELF
relocation support in your SoC's code.

> Thank you so much,

No problem.

Amicalement,