[U-Boot] U-Boot v2010.12 released - Merge Window OPEN

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 23 11:18:22 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have an addition to the remove announcement of unmaintained arm boards.

Am 22.12.2010 um 21:15 schrieb Wolfgang Denk:

[snip release features]

>   *****************************************************************
>   * Currently, >100 ARM boards are *broken* and *do not compile*. *
>   *****************************************************************
>
>   Board maintainers or othe rinterested parties are requested to
>   adapt their boards to the new code in the timeframe of the
>   upcoming release v2010.03; all boards that have not been converted

I guess you mean v2011.03 here.

>   by then, i. e. that are still broken then, are considered
>   unmaintained and without interest to the community and will be
>   removed.

These boards use 'old style' at91rm9200 SoC implementation and will also be removed if not converted to 'new style' at91 SoC until v2011.03.

---8<---
cmc_pu2                      arm         arm920t     -                   -              at91rm9200
csb637                       arm         arm920t     -                   -              at91rm9200
kb9202                       arm         arm920t     -                   -              at91rm9200
m501sk                       arm         arm920t     -                   -              at91rm9200
mp2usb                       arm         arm920t     -                   -              at91rm9200
at91rm9200dk                 arm         arm920t     -                   atmel          at91rm9200
--->8---

I guess they will be removed by 'broken cause of relocation' in any case. But to mention them here clearly and announce the completion of conversion from at91rm9200 SoC to at91 SoC in arch/arm/cpu/arm920t.

regards

Andreas Bießmann