[U-Boot] dlmalloc: sbrk_base error after cpu reset.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 23 16:08:25 CET 2010

Dear Macpaul Lin,

In message <AANLkTik5jU9nS=8Bx4Lf8hUZp5wyCKppuCLKGJvHJrq9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have a problem about malloc() fail after the cpu has been reset.
> This problem I have not encountered when porting with older version of u-boot.
> Unfortunately I've forget which version (commit) is still work with my
> port (NDS32)
>
> The problem is that, after the command "reset" under u-boot console.
> The cpu will do flush I/D cache , disable interrupt , redo mem_malloc_init().
> Then redo the init process.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  This shouds as if the
"reset" command in U-Boot woul perform just apartial re-initialization
of the software, but not a real hardware reset of the board?

Note that "reset" means a hard reset of the whole board, includine the
CPU and all peripherals (similar to pressing a reset button, if there
is one).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Insults are effective only where emotion is present.
	-- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?"  stardate 3468.1