[U-Boot] Trouble reading from PLD memory

jobhunts02 at aol.com jobhunts02 at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 00:13:50 CET 2010

I am trying to upgrade from u-boot-1.3.4 to u-boot-2010.9.  My processor is an MPC8248.  When my custom board boots up, I read an incorrect value from read-only programmable logic device (PLD) memory.  Using the BDI2000, I have verified that the value in the PLD is what it was programmed to be.  Using u-boot's md command, I get the same incorrect value that I got from my code by dereferencing a pointer to the address.  With u-boot-1.3.4, the md command reads the PLD memory correctly, as does my code.