[U-Boot] Regarding the config.mk in U-boot TOP directory

Asokan, Shyama Trikkadeeri Shyama.Asokan at Honeywell.com
Thu Dec 30 09:46:40 CET 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

I have been facing an issue while building u-boot for AT91SAM9263ek
board. The environment I am using is CYGWIN and toolchain is the Code
sourcery toolchain.

The make configuration step works fine while "make CROSS_COMPILE " step
throws the following error:

make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

Generating include/autoconf.mk

include/common.h:37: fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Generating include/autoconf.mk.dep

include/common.h:37: fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

make: *** [include/autoconf.mk.dep] Error 1

While going through the files in u-boot I made the following
observations:

The config.mk available in the TOPDIR of the u-boot folder has the
following variable definition:

gccincdir := $(shell $(CC) -print-file-name=include)

CPPFLAGS += -I$(TOPDIR)/include

CPPFLAGS += -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc     \

      -isystem $(gccincdir) -pipe $(PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS)

Where $(TOPDIR)/include = /u-boot-2010.09-rc2/include

(AND)

$(gccincdir) = is the cross compiler's include library, which in my case
is,
c:/cygwin/home/e458110/linuxproj/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnu
eabi/4.4.1/include