[U-Boot] I2C Register

Ronny D ronny_d37 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 07:41:27 CET 2010

It is not a normal AMCC PPC4xx, its a customized PPC4xx chip. so I2C code wont work for me as it is.

i will have to map my register with i2c register used by u-boot.

Now i have downloaded latest u-boot version(Jan 25 2010 12:37 Link u-boot-latest.tar.bz2 -> u-boot-2009.11.1.tar.bz2) from ftp.

still ppc4xx_i2c structure i could not found.

~Ronny.

--- On Thu, 4/2/10, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:
Hi Ronny,

On Friday 05 February 2010 06:43:20 Ronny D wrote:
> I am using ppc440 for customized board.

So is this a "normal" AMCC PPC4xx (e.g. 440GX...) or a custom PPC4xx chip? If
it's a common 4xx, then the normal PPC4xx I2C code should just work for you as
well.

> U-boot version that i am using is u-boot-2009.11.

That is before the restructuring. For new work please use the latest version
from the git repository.

> Here i am searching for the ppc4xx_i2c structure but not able to get it. on
>  the other hand i have seen the i2c register macros used in i2c_transfer
>  call.

Again, 2009-11 is already outdated. I reworked the I2C stuff in the meantime.
Try the latest version and take a look at:

  cpu/ppc4xx/i2c.c
  include/4xx_i2c.h

Cheers,
Stefan