[U-Boot] doc: add README for CONFIG_HWCONFIG option

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue Feb 9 18:44:07 CET 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 09:50:30 Heiko Schocher wrote:
> +Enable this feature just define CONFIG_HWCONFIG in your board
> +config file.

To enable ...

> +This implements simple hwconfig infrastructure: an
> +interface for software knobs to control a hardware.

... a simple ...
... control hardware.

> +This is very simple implementation, i.e. it is implemented

... is a very ...

> +via `hwconfig' environment variable. Later we could write

... via the ...

> +1. Doesn't support options dependencies and mutual exclusion.
> +   We can implement this by integrating apt-get[3] into the
> +   u-boot. But I didn't bother yet.

... into Das U-Boot.
didn't -> haven't

> +2. Since we don't implement hwconfig command, i.e. we're working

... implement a hwconfig ...

> +   toggling a particular option will need a reboot to take
> +   an effect. So, for now it's advised to always reboot the

... take effect.

> +   target after modifying hwconfig variable.

... modifying the hwconfig ...

> +3. We support hwconfig options with arguments. For example,
> +
> +   set hwconfig "dr_usb:mode=peripheral,phy_type=ulpi"
> +
> +   There are three hwconfig options selected:

This selects three hwconfig options:

> +The purpose of this simple implementation is to define some
> +internal API and

... to refine the internal ...

> +and then we can continue improving user experience

... improving the user ...

> +by adding more mature interface, like hwconfig command with

interfaces
... like a hwconfig ...

> +bells and whistles. Or not adding, if we feel that current

... that the current ...

> +interface fits its needs.

... fits people's needs.
-mike