[U-Boot] SMSC LAN8720 support

Maxim Podbereznyi lisarden at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:04:32 CET 2010

Hi Ben!

I've made LAN8720 work with AT91SAM9G45 MPU. The problem was in a wrong
address assigning during the PHY reset. The PHY has internal pull-down on
the PHYAD0 line but the init code for AT91 turns off processor's pull-up
during PHY reset only for a few lines and they are not PHYAD0. So I disabled
also the processor's pull-up to the right line and the PHY got alive. I've
tested tftp - works perfect!

Thank you for the help!