[U-Boot] VIDEOBOOT Patch for Linux 2.6?

Patrick Simmons linuxrocks123 at netscape.net
Sat Feb 13 13:38:14 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get an x86 ATI card working on SPARC, and I think
SciTechSoft's SNAP Videoboot is my best bet.  Unfortunately, the patch
doesn't seem to be available from SciTechSoft (which has been acquired)
anymore, and you guys are the only ones who seem to have anything
resembling that code available for download.  So, I was wondering if any
of you have a patch I can take and patch some 2.6 kernel with to boot my
graphics card from.  I'm trying to use radeonfb, so VIDEOBOOT would be
perfect for me ... I just can't find it anywhere!

If the easiest way for me to do this is to run U-Boot on a SunBlade
2500, that's fine, but my understanding is that U-Boot is primarily for
embedded systems.

So ... anyone have the videoboot-2.6x patch lying around?  Pretty please?

Please CC me as I am not on the list.

Thanks,
--Patrick Simmons