[U-Boot] [STATUS] i.MX / Freescale ARM custodian needed

Jason Liu liu.h.jason at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:11:00 CET 2010

2010/2/13 Paul Kline <paul.kline at freescale.com>:
> Detlev Zundel <dzu <at> denx.de> writes:
>

>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> > I do not know how you plan the next step, but please feel free to ask me
>> > how can I help.
>>
>> Well, we are just packaging one of those stylish "custodian hats" which
>> you will be likely to wear a lot in the foreseeable future and send it
>> off to you :)
>>
>> No honestly, as I do not see any negative reaction, there is no reason
>> why you should not get the job.  So maybe ask Fred Fan again if it is ok
>> to take over his git repo and then we will install your ssh key there so
>> you can update it.
>>
>> Cheers and thanks!
>>   Detlev
>>
> Hi Stefano and Detlev,
>
> When Fred Fan informed us he was leaving Freescale, we identified another
> developer from Freescale's U-Boot development team who we planned to propose
> as Fred's replacement as custodian for the Freescale i.MX ARM processors.
> However, we were slow proposing this replacement--our apologies.
>
> We appreciate Stefano volunteering to serve as Fred's replacement and we will
> be happy to work with him in his role as new custodian for the Freescale i.MX
> processors.  However, if Stefano volunteered because no one else was stepping
> forward, then we would also be willing to have our developer serve as Fred's
> replacement in the custodian's role.  Either way sounds good to Freescale.
>
> Thanks again to Stefano for volunteering.
>
> Regards,
> Paul Kline
> Manager, i.MX Linux Board Support Packages
> Freescale Semiconductor

As Paul said, I will be the proposed one to server as I.MX uboot
custodian for the next step. I'm
willing to work with any volunteered to maintain the I.MX uboot and
support it well. As you know, the time is Chinese new year and I have
very limitted access to the network. I will back on this weekend.
Thanks Stefano and Detlev for help in this time.