[U-Boot] Booting from NAND on MX51

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Feb 16 17:03:34 CET 2010

Hi,

> I would not be surprised to see JFFS2 problems with most i.MX
> platforms.  The nand ecc includes the spare area so you can not write
> a JFFS2 free marker to spare and then later write to the main area.
> There are patches for JFFS2 in the kernel for this.  I don't know
> about u-boot.

Also as a general remark, JFFS2 on larger devices _is_ really slow.
Because of this _and_ the handling on blocks going bad on reads, we
therefore suggest to our customers to use UBI + UBIFS on NAND.

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
Man gelangt nicht dazu, gluecklich zu sein, aber man macht Feststellungen
ueber die Gruende, die uns daran hindern es zu sein.