[U-Boot] what's the uboot way to pass eth*addr to linux ?

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel.be
Fri Feb 19 18:50:16 CET 2010

Hello

I have a problem : my (coldfire) linux kernel does not reuse the mac
addresses known by u-boot as ethaddr and eth1addr.

I have read doc/README.enetaddr, that states :

	struct bd_info [...]
	are temporary copies of the MAC address only for the
	purpose of passing this information to an OS kernel we are about
	to boot.

but I see no field in bd_info that could be set before booting linux.

I thought that the address of the environment zone could be given
to linux, but I do not see where either.

So what's the recommended/supported way to inform the kernel of the mac
addresses of all the ethernet interfaces ?

Philippe