[U-Boot] what's the uboot way to pass eth*addr to linux ?

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel.be
Sat Feb 20 10:37:17 CET 2010

Hi Maxim,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:30:32AM +0300, Maxim Podbereznyi wrote:
> Hi Philippe!
>
> May be it is a little bit tricky but you can just read the u-boot
> environment from you Linux driver and use the "ethaddr" variable. I did the
> same for osk5912

Thanks, but I need something more straightforward.  The ethernet driver in
linux must know the mac address at startup to be able to have root on nfs.

Previously, the mac addresses were stored in the bd_info struct, but that
has been removed, but alas not replaced by a common mechanism for all
architectures.

Philippe