[U-Boot] what's the uboot way to pass eth*addr to linux ?

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel.be
Sat Feb 20 11:38:08 CET 2010

Hi Maxim,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:30:32AM +0300, Maxim Podbereznyi wrote:
> Hi Philippe!
>
> May be it is a little bit tricky but you can just read the u-boot
> environment from you Linux driver and use the "ethaddr" variable. I did the
> same for osk5912

Sorry, I replied too fast, It seems that I misunderstood your answer.
How do you access the U-boot environment from the linux driver ?
Is there a linux kernel library function to retrieve one element of a
U-boot environment ?  Does U-boot tell linux where the U-boot environment
resides in memory ?

Philippe