[U-Boot] building and updating u-boot on redboot based

Matthias Kaehlcke matthias at kaehlcke.net
Sun Feb 21 19:07:21 CET 2010

El Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 09:36:53AM -0800 Vipul Jain ha dit:

>       I am using the latest source of u-boot that I have gitted from
>    git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
>    here.

good!

>    Can you please also tell me how to find out memory address for any
>    particular
>    board to download u-boot image. either from u-boot source or from board
>    specific technical
>    manual (PRM).

the u-boot source won't be of any help here, especially if your board
is not supported. is your board either a Cirrus Logic edb9302 or
edb9302a? both of them should be supported, though in lack of a board
i have not been able to test.

i am not sure if i understand to which memory address you are
referring: the address in flash? in this case 0x60000000 should be
correct.

the base address of the SDRAM on your board depends on the chip select
used for RAM. information about the chip select you can most likely
find in the user manual, otherwise consult the schematics of your
board. i can't provide further help here as i don't know which board
you are using.

>    Also, I did tried last night the following command and now board is not
>    responding to anything,
>    Is there any way to recover the board back either via software/jumper
>    setting or JTAG. if JTAG
>    I am not sure which one and how to go about it, if there any pointer to
>    these. I really appreciate
>    your help, in making newbies learn.

for recovery the easiest is re-flash redboot via the serial port. the
ep93xx BSP provided by Cirrus Logic
(http://arm.cirrus.com/files/linux/releases/linux-2.4/cirrus-arm-linux-1.4.5.tar.bz2)
contains a utility called 'download' for this purpose. you need to put
a jumper in order to configure the processor for UART boot. this
jumper is board specific, i am sure the manual of your board has
instructions for this.

please don't forget to mention which board you are using, otherwise
providing help is impossible

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Developer

          We can't solve problems by using the same kind
             of thinking we used when we created them
                         (Albert Einstein)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-