[U-Boot] building and updating u-boot on redboot based

Matthias Kaehlcke matthias at kaehlcke.net
Sun Feb 21 19:36:19 CET 2010

El Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 10:22:34AM -0800 Vipul Jain ha dit:

>    I am Using Cirrus Logic EP9302-CQZ board.

i don't think so, EP9302-CQZ is a processor, not a board, please
verify again

>    The memory address I was talking about
>    was ram address to download u-Boot (as you mentioned earlier it can be
>    0x1000000) and then perform
>    the actual flash update command by using flash address and RAM
>    addr(0x1000000) from
>    where to pick the image. I am not sure though what value to give to the
>    u-boot size option flag.

0x40000 for size of u-boot is ok

>    i.e. say on redboot
>
>    fis write -f 0x60000000 -b 0x100000 -l 0x40000
>                      Flash addr        Ram addr       Size   <-- how to find
>    size value
>                                               How to find
>                                               for a particular
>                                               board.
>
>     so I was wondering if there is any general way to find out such u-boot
>    image download ram address and size .

if the base address of your SDRAM is 0x00000000 (like on the edb9302
board), than 0x100000 should be ok. otherwise you probably just wrote
random values to the flash.

there is no general way for the ram address, it's board specific

>    Also, if you don't mind can you please guide me with steps to
>    follow in-order to boot the board from
>    UART and to flash the board with new image. Thanks a lot for your kind
>    help.

i repeat, without knowing the board you are using (and find
information online if it's not an edb9302 or edb9302a) is impossible.

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Developer

          Dreams and reality are opposites. Action synthesizes them
                             (Assata Shakur)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-