[U-Boot] coldfire support

Wolfgang Wegner wolfgang at leila.ping.de
Mon Feb 22 13:08:57 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 04:30:06PM +0530, Thirumalai wrote:
> Hi denx,
>     I just want to know whether the coldfire processor is supported by
> u-boot and what toolchains need to be used for compilation. Whether ELDK
> will support or not ?

starting with the downside: unfortunately there is no ELDK for
Coldfire.
U-Boot support for Coldfire is in place and running fine so far, although
not as active (and feature-rich) as PPC. Of course, it would have been
helpful if you would have mentioned which Coldfire you (intend to) use!

As a starting point, have a look at the evaluation boards in
board/freescale/m5...

I am using the toolchain from codesourcery:
http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/coldfire
(go to Download and then select either uClinux or ELF)

Currently I am staying with the older 4.3.3 release, but also
successfully tested the current 4.4.3 for U-Boot.

Regards,
Wolfgang