[U-Boot] Taskit Portux920T port - Some issues

Achim Ehrlich aehrlich at taskit.de
Mon Feb 22 13:13:22 CET 2010

Hello,

> Hi,
>
>> Hi, we are Enrico & Luca.
>
> Hi Enrico and Luca, welcome aboard!
>
>> We have tried to port u-boot to a Portux920T MiniPC.
>> It seems we are successful, in fact u-boot brings up the device with no
>> error and can boot a linux kernel.
>> Ethernet driver works, dhcp works and major problems are present.
>
> Congratulations!  Do you realize that only yesterday there was another
> posting of a port to this board?  In that other port NOR flash support
> wasn't even tried ;)

No, Portux920T and PortuxG20 are different boards with different CPUs.
Portux920T indeed boots from NOR Flash.

>> The only thing we can't get right is flash programming. We are trying to use
>> CFI flash driver that shows evident timing issues, at least in our opinion.
>> When running saveenv more than once we get the typical "Flash not erased"
>> error, while running cp.b (for example) does not give us any problem.
>> Running a "bootm kerneladdr initaddr" command it frequently gives us a "No
>> boot image - CRC error", but running it another time, without rebooting the
>> machine, results in a successful boot.
>
> So in essence you see read errors without any writing, correct?  In this
> case I would not suspect the CFI driver at all, because it is not
> involved, but rather point the finger to the RAM initialization.  Are
> you 100% sure that this is correct?  Maybe compare with the other posted
> port.

I think both, Flash and SDRAM chipselect settings are not correct. Please
use the following values:
#define CONFIG_SYS_SMC_CSR0_VAL 0x00003286
#define CONFIG_SYS_SDRC_CR_VAL 0x21914159

> So in essence I suggest, you compare your work with the other work and
> work out where to go from there.  You may even ask Achim Ehrlic
> directly, after all he works at Taskit, so he may be able to help you
> efficiently :)
>
> [...]

After all, he should.

Hope that helps.