[U-Boot] my recent i2c patches

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 24 21:31:52 CET 2010

Dear Frans Meulenbroeks,

In message <ac9c93b11002241132j50c1c4a2p5e4407da7f096324 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> One word wrt the i2c patches I just mailed.
> It was my impression that git send-email would include the number in
> the patch but as can be seen that was not the case.

Git-send-email does not insert anything, it just sends the emails.
If you want numbered patches, you have to add the numbers when
formatting the patches - i. e. use "git-format-patch -n"

> The patches are to be applied in the following order:
> 0001-cmd_i2c.c-reduced-subaddress-length-to-3-bytes.patch
> 0002-cmd_bootm.c-made-subcommand-array-static.patch
> 0003-cmd_i2c.c-reworked-subcommand-handling.patch
> 0004-cmd_i2c.c-sorted-commands-alphabetically.patch
> 0005-cmd_i2c.c-added-i2c-read-to-memory-function.patch

Thanks.

> PS: I once read somewhere that it is also possible to add additional
> text in a patch only for the mailing list, so not part of the commit
> message.

Indeed. Text below the "---" line is comment.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Good manners are the settled  medium  of  social,  as  specie  is  of
commercial, life; returns are equally expected for both.
           - Lord Chesterfield _Letters to his Son_, 25 December 1753