[U-Boot] About Die ID When Booting u-boot

Tom Tom.Rix at windriver.com
Thu Feb 25 17:03:29 CET 2010

huadong2008 wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm studying porting Android onto Beagleboard(OMAP3530 based).
> When booting u-boot version 2009 11 from SD card, the terminal show "Die ID #7fa200030000000004013f7806011011 ".
> Could you please tell me what is Die ID? Or where can I download relative document about it?
>
> I'm sorry for my poor English, and hope it will not puzzle you.
This function is a unique identifier for the specific board.

Please review function dieid_num_r in cpu/arm_cortex8/sys_info.c
This will show you what the register are.
Please find these registers in omap3530 reference manual
This is a good place to start
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/omap3530.html

Tom