[U-Boot] Defer net initialization

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 1 09:17:36 CEST 2010

Dear Alexander Stein,

In message <201006010824.25437.alexander.stein at systec-electronic.com> you wrote:

> > Currently I'm using u-boot v2009.11 on at91sam9g20 on our own board (code
> >  yet upstream).
>
> Oh, i forgot. This code is based on the atmel at91sam9g20ek board code which
> is included in at91sam9260ek.

I don't know this port really well (and the AT91 family has been
orphaned and without active custodian for a long time), but it should
not touch the PHY (and especially not wait for a link) unless a
network command is being run in U-Boot.  There have been some
discussions about this topic recently (see for example thread starting
here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/76507).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Bus error -- driver executed.