[U-Boot] first u-boot program

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 1 20:56:56 CEST 2010

Dear Maxime Boure,

In message <AANLkTim63RLGst8TM2MNkhFThz13RP7wiIqdy5MAuFc1 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm not sure this is the right mailing list so please tell me !

Seems it is...

> I am trying to develop a program that would check into some flash memory
> information (set early on by a userspace application) to know on which
> kernel and which partition it has to boot on.
>
> I am trying a standalone application not sure that it is the more
> appropriate because of compilation problems.

Oops? Why make it so complicated?

Why not simply set and read some environment variable(s)? At least
that's what every other project I've seen so far is doing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Just about every computer on the market today runs Unix,  except  the
Mac (and nobody cares about it).                   - Bill Joy 6/21/85