[U-Boot] Linking script image into u-boot

Mark Fanara mark.fanara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 16:32:27 CEST 2010

Is it possible to create a script, convert it to an image, and then
link that image into u-boot? The goal of which would be to have a
script that could be executed without having to download it. I have
searched the manual and the mailing list and the source code, but
don't see an obvious way to do this.

As an alternative, I could convert the bytes in the image file to an
initialized char array in a .c file. That .c file could then be
compiled and linked with u-boot.  I assume that at runtime I could use
the source command with the address of the char array as an argument
to run the script.

Suggestions?