[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] u-boot-mpc83xx fix

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Mon Jun 7 23:56:50 CEST 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 22:40:27 +0200
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Applied, thanks.

Thanks.

> > Also, I've noticed main CHANGELOG updates are still being performed:
>
> Yes, as we don't have a new solution implemented yet.
>
> > Any news wrt implementing a gitattributes based solution instead?:
> >
> > http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-May/071118.html
>
> I haven't seen any patches implementing this yet - am I missing
> something?

rather than provide a (deficient) patch, I decided to provide basic
instructions on how to enable the feature, because you still have to do
the:

echo 'snapshot.commit export-subst' > .git/info/attributes

to each repo that is subject to exports (and that file, being
under .git/, has to be manually patched).

The other part (which the patch below does very trivially) is adding
the snapshot.commit file, which effectively replaces the CHANGELOG by
being filled with the commit id sha upon each git export.  I just
wasn't sure if you felt like adding more reference data into the file -
see man gitattributes (search for export-subst), and placeholders under
PRETTY FORMATS of man git log - looking at the list now however, I'm
pretty sure just he commit id sha is enough, so here you go.

Kim