[U-Boot] Problems flashing kernel

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 16:41:44 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 04:31:15PM +0200, Stefano Babic wrote:
> Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
>
> > You are quite correct in that, thx. that also explains why it
> > took a good while longer than usual.
> >
> > I cannot seem to shake the "Flash not Erased" problem though. Was thinking
> > to increase timeout of erase/write but they dont change even when I change
> > the CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_WRITE_TOUT. Any thoughts on that?
>
> CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_WRITE_TOUT is used on some board specific driver, but
> not by the CFI driver. It seems you are using the CFI driver and you
> probably can drop this CONFIG_ switch.

Oki, that explains it.

> However, I have not understood from you previous message when the flash
> has not been erased. You say that an erase command for quite the whole
> flash (from 512KB to the end of the flash, as CFI reports 64MB) works.
> Do you try to erase the flash to store only the kernel ? Something like
> "erase 0x80000 +13CA64" ?

It worked earlier for unknown reasons, but no longer does. It has
only worked once. Erasing all the flash (aside from first 512kb) works without any error messages, but when trying to flash it still insists that
the flash is not erased. Looking with md also seems to confirm that (data found).

I must be missing something.