[U-Boot] Fw:Re: Fw:How can I use yaffs2 in uboot

jackfriend jackfriend at 163.com
Wed Jun 9 05:47:38 CEST 2010

Sounds like a pretty clear error message - doesn't it?

Increase CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN in your bard config file.

[It might make sense to improve the error message in
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c to include information how many bytes were to
be allocated, so you get an idea on how uch to increase the malloc
arena size.]

thanks a lot

Change CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN ,Now I can write  a yaffs2 file system image (59M) in nand flash  (/flash/a )

but The Linux how to find the file system image?(the system  support yaffs2)

set bootargs noinitrd root=/dev/mtdblock3 rootfstype=yaffs2 rw console=ttySAC0,115200 init=/linuxrc mem=64M

this way doesn't work

I use

my2440# nand write.yaffs 30008000 0x580000 3b00000

NAND write: device 0 offset 0x580000, size 0x3b00000

written: OK

my2440#tftp zImage.img

and then bootm  linux can find the file system image