[U-Boot] BDI2000 Procedure

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Jun 9 14:17:34 CEST 2010

Hi Mark,

> Does anyone have a procedure to restore u-boot on a AMCC Canyonlands
> board using the BDI2000?
>
> I have the bdisetup utility and the firmware/logic files for ppc4xx.  I
> also found the config files for BDI2000 but there is not a procedure to
> program it.
>
> I have not used our BDI programmer before so this may be a stupid
> question but I need to restore the image on a couple of boards now.

If you have setup the config file including the amount of nor flash to
erase and the filename to load, it can boil down to "erase" followed  by
"prog" in the telnet prompt :)

Check the "erase", "file", "format" lines in [flash].  Manually in the
telnet interface you should be able to do an (untested)

erase 0xfffa0000
erase 0xfffc0000
erase 0xfffe0000
prog 0xfffa0000 canyonlands/u-boot.bin bin

Cheers
  Detlev

--
I shall be telling this with a sigh / Somewhere ages and ages hence: /
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- / I took the one less traveled by, /