[U-Boot] Whose responsibility is it to enable FPU?

gnemas at gmail.com gnemas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 21:02:25 CEST 2010

I built u-boot for a 440EPx board derived from the sequoia configuration.

I am using an FPU-enabled gcc cross compiler.

U-Boot runs fine and successfully boots my operating system (Linux and
uClibc-based root filesystem).

However, I was having a problem running busybox that I traced to errors
occurring executing setjmp, which attempts to save floating point registers.

Then I realized that the FPU was not enabled in the MSR or in the ccr0
register.

Have I misconfigured something, or should I go ahead and add code to u-boot
to enable the FPU?

Thanks,

Gregg