[U-Boot] Whose responsibility is it to enable FPU?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 14 22:30:55 CEST 2010

Dear gnemas at gmail.com,

In message <0016e6480e82187a72048902213a at google.com> you wrote:

> I built u-boot for a 440EPx board derived from the sequoia configuration.
> U-Boot runs fine and successfully boots my operating system (Linux and
> uClibc-based root filesystem).
> Then I realized that the FPU was not enabled in the MSR or in the ccr0
> register.
>
> Have I misconfigured something, or should I go ahead and add code to u-boot
> to enable the FPU?

U-Boot does not need nor use the FPU, so enabling it would not help
you in any way.

Linux will do it's own settings, so this is where you need to look for
your incorrect configuration settings (incorrect CPU description in
the DT?).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Confound these ancestors.... They've stolen our best ideas!"
- Ben Jonson