[U-Boot] Configuring U-Boot for MPC8349E in little endian mode

Troy Laramy troy.laramy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:23:41 CEST 2010

Hi Vivek (et al)

I have very much the same issue...a lib I need to link to that is only
available as built in little-endian (don't have the src, sadly).  So I am
trying to build u-boot for powerpc in LE.  I have added the -mlittle-endian
and -EL to the build, but now it is failing when trying to link libgcc.a, as
libgcc.a is built in the toolchain in BE and I'm trying to link it as LE.
Did you find some nice way around this?  All I can see is trying to build my
own toolchain....I am using a prebuilt toolchain from EP that came, at some
point, from the ELDK....but I'm pretty sure I don't have the src. to these
libs.  Just hoping there is some other way.....

Any help/advice would by VERY much appreciated!

Thanks, troy