[U-Boot] Problems with creating an UBIFS partition with uboot

Karl Krach mailinglists at blueSpirit.la
Sat Jun 19 12:29:13 CEST 2010

Hello Matthew,

thanks a lot, I will try this approach on Monday, when I'm back at work.

 > At a glance, one problem is the use of ubinize, which is intended to
 > work when doing "bare NAND" flashing with no awareness of UBI.  I.e.
 > if you tried these steps with "rootfs.ubifs" rather than
 > "rootfs.ubi.img", they'd probably work.  However, that doesn't explain
 > why the last attempt (doing a straight "nand write") also fails, since
 > that should work with the ubinized image.

I like this apprach, since buildroot creates an ubifs file for me, so I
don't need the extra step to create the image with ubinize.

Best regards,

Charly