[U-Boot] jffs2 in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 23 22:56:22 CEST 2010

Dear Jack,

In message <3DFFB0670A395946974CE996C72073241BAEEC34 at NDHMC4SXCH.gdc4s.com> you wrote:

> I need to support a JFFS2 file system in u-boot.  My plan is to boot
> from uboot using mtd device and update any new images (field software
> upgrade) from the linux side.

Are you sure you really want to do this? JFFS2 is far from being th
optimal file system for most usage cases. You might want to check
other options, like YAFFS or, in case of NAND memory, especially UBI /
UBIFS.

> How can I add support for jffs2 in u-boot. Currently my u-boot
> bootloader does not support jffs2. What do I need to do to add this
> support?

JFFS2 support has been available in U-Boot for many years. Just enable
it.

> This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GDC4S
> O.M. 1.8.6 and GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and are intended to be
> accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission
> are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual
> restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the
> policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review,
> use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an
> intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
> the original message.

Make sure to omit such crap when posting to public mailing lists.

[What a nonsense! "destroy all copies". Heh. "Run for cover! Deletion
of the Internet starting in 3 minutes!"]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Q:  What's a light-year?
A:  One-third less calories than a regular year.