[U-Boot] u-boot-2010.06-rc3 Error for ARM dk ..

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 25 20:49:00 CEST 2010

Dear "Rajeesh.R",

please do not top post / full quote. Make sure to read

In message <1277457385.2723.3.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

> I have downladed uboot version u-boot-2010.06-rc3 and cross compiled
> for arm
>
> then I am getting error like below...
> ERROR: /usr/local/arm/4.1/bin-ccache/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-uclibc/3.4.6/libgcc.a(_udivsi3.oS) uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP

Well, this is a tool chain problem. U-Boot requires a tol chain which
supports soft-float as we don;t use any FP instructions (especially
not on a CPU which does not have  FPU in the first place).

This is not a problem with U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No journaling file system can recover your data if the disk dies.
                                 - Steve Rago in <D4Cw1p.L9E at plc.com>