[U-Boot] U-boot for PPC405GP based custom Board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 25 23:36:33 CEST 2010

Dear ravi.rao at rflelect.com,

In message <OF7B16F862.3C1D9F43-ON8525774D.0043105A-8525774D.00436D08 at slpower.com> you wrote:

>    I am reposting without any confidentiality crap. Appreciate any help to

Thanks.

> U-Boot 1.3.0-rc4 (Jun 24 2010 - 16:47:32)

U-Boot 1.3.0 is more than 2.5 years old. This is not only old, this is
historic. Please do yourself (and us) a favour and update to recent
code.

> FLASH: FLASH ADDR: fc000000
> FLASH MANUFACT: 10001
>
> FLASH DEVICEID: 227e227e
>
> C2: 22222222 LS: 22012201
>
> info->flash_id: f2
>
> Size of Flash0 at addr 0xfc000000 is 0x2000000
> FLASH ADDR: 00000000
> FLASH MANUFACT: 55555555
> ## Unknown FLASH on Bank 1 - Size = 0x00000000 = 0 MB
>
> Size of Flash1 at addr 0x0 is 0x0
> 32 MB
> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

This does not look like the CFI flash driver to me. I strongly
recommend to update your code, throw out this custom flash driver, and
use the standard CFI driver instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do not underestimate the value of print statements for debugging.
Don't have aesthetic convulsions when using them, either.