[U-Boot] u-boot-2010.06-rc3 to AT91rm9200dk

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 09:23:28 CEST 2010

Dear Rajeesh.R,

Am 28.06.2010 06:51, schrieb Rajeesh.R:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled Uboot version u-boot-2010.06-rc3  and I got bin file .
>
> I tried it to download bin file to at91rm9200dk board it stops after
> some time witth error .
How did you try to load the file to your device?

> I think this is due to insufficient of SRAM capability ie 16KB SRAM
> uboot size is 107KB
I think you have chosen the BOOTROM based upload via xmodem cause you
talk about SRAM size which does not matter if you boot from NOR flash on
CS0.

> How to download this uboot directly to flash
Use an JTAG ... as recommended by Wolfgang
(http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-June/073191.html)

> ...location  any other
> configurtion in uboot for this . . Wherther Romboot is required ..?
You can do it with some effort ... You may tinker an first stage
(bootstrap) loader to initialize your SDRAM and NOR flash which is
sufficient to load the U-Boot via xmodem to write it in NOR flash.
Another requirement for that part of software is to be small enough to
fit in SRAM.
Some people did this before, search google for "at91rm9200 xloader" or
"at91rm9200 bootstrap" but I also recommend to get an JTAG and flash
your NOR that way.

regards

Andreas Bießmann