[U-Boot] MXC: Performance issue/glitch with reading/writing files from SD card

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Jun 29 09:42:49 CEST 2010

alfred steele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like there is a huge performance issue with the sdhc
> hardware/software driver on the mx31

Actually I do not find any MX31 board in the mainline supporting MMC.
However, drivers/mmmc/mxcmmc.c is suitable for both MX2 and MX3 processors.

> Earlier on i had adapated the freescale mx "sdhc driver" and ported it
> to the mx31 platform for U-boot v1.0. I have modified the driver to
> put the host as well as the card in 4 bit mode in the initialization
> sequence.

This is your code and I am afraid we cannot help you. And u-boot 1.0
belongs to prehistory. I can only suggest you to update to the actual
u-boot (2010.06-rc3) and sets your target to use the mxcmmc driver, and
reports us if you find problems.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de