[U-Boot] EBC_NUM_BANKS for Virtex5 PPC440?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Mar 2 14:21:04 CET 2010

Hi Lucas,

On Thursday 25 February 2010 19:53:45 Lucas wrote:
> I'm working on a custom board that is similar to the ml507 (with a virtex 5
> powerpc 440), and I ran across this error compiling u-boot:
>
> fdt.c: In function '__ft_board_setup':
> fdt.c:43: error: 'EBC_NUM_BANKS' undeclared (first use in this function)
> fdt.c:43: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> fdt.c:43: error: for each function it appears in.)
> fdt.c:43: warning: unused variable 'ranges'
>
> I looked in ppc4xx-ebc.h and EBC_NUM_BANKS is only defined for 405xx and
> 440xx variants.  I tried setting it to zero and it works so far (see the
> following diff), but is there a more proper way of disabling EBC?

Yes. I would prefer to disable using this EBC fdt blob configuration on those
boards without EBC. Why don't you just don't call the weak default
__ft_board_setup() function in cpu/ppc4xx/fdt.c by defining a board specific
version in your board-platform code (board/board_name/board_name.c)? This way
you can override the weak default function and it's not called at all.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de