[U-Boot] Two U-Boot versions on same device

Rishi Dhupar rishid at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:09:11 CET 2010

Strange question but I am using an OMAP 3530 and the boot process currently
is from TI's X-Loader to U-Boot to Linux.

What I want is to have two different versions of U-Boot, an extremely
optimized and small one (to reduce boot time) but then also a debug version
that has a built in device test suite and allows updating of the Linux
kernel.

The optimized version would boot first and then check if a GPIO is set, if
so then it would boot into the debug U-Boot to perform tests or software
updates.

Anyone do anything like this or is it even possible?

Thanks.