[U-Boot] What is CONFIG_HAS_DATAFLASH?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 5 21:43:01 CET 2010

Dear Timur Tabi,

In message <4B915A1F.90206 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> 	CONFIG_HAS_DATAFLASH
>
> 	Defining this option enables DataFlash features and
> 	allows to read/write in Dataflash via the standard
> 	commands cp, md...
>
> This doesn't tell me anything.

Hm... What exactly don't you understand here?

> >> command does not use the flash_readX primitives when I ask it to
> >> display memory from a flash address.  In examining do_mem_md(), I
> >> noticed CONFIG_HAS_DATAFLASH.
> >
> > Did you? I don't see any CONFIG_HAS_DATAFLASH anywhere in cmd_mem.c
> I'm not imagining things.

You are right. I was grepping for CONFIG_CFI_FLASH_USE_WEAK_ACCESSORS
instead :-(

> Fair enough, but I was hoping there'd be an easy way to get md to work.

Why are plain simple memory accesses not possible on your hardware?
Which architecture / CPU is this?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Some people march to the beat of a different drummer. And some people
tango!