[U-Boot] MPC5200: possible to "reserve" embedded flash sectors ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 11 21:52:09 CET 2010

Dear André Schwarz,

In message <1268325452.4803.34.camel at swa-m460> you wrote:

> hmm - I'm not *that* familiar with all that abbreviations ... have to
> ask someone : http://www.abbreviations.com/YMMV
>
> Hopefully you didn't mean the worst one ;-)

The common (and intended) interpretation is Your Mileage May Vary.

> > Why are you asking? You wrote you have been doing this since 1.1.4, so
> > where exactly is your problem?
>
> The linker script has moved to the CPU directory, i.e. there's no local
> linker script anymore.

This is because all boards used the same script anyway, so there was
no use in keeping multiple copies of the same file. But please note
that nothing prevents you to use a local, customized linker script.
All you need to do is set it's name in you config.mk (add a line
"LDSCRIPT=<your name>").

> Since I want to submit the board files as soon as the merge window will
> open I'm asking for a reasonable way to implement this in current
> U-Boot.

Use a customized linker script.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The easiest way to figure the cost of living is to take  your  income
and add ten percent.