[U-Boot] Instructions in TEXT section can not load data from other section

jrjr jason622 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:37:15 CET 2010

Hi, everyone.

 I have got a problem when I porting U-BOOT to my board

with MPC8247. My configuration file is based on the MPC8260ADS_config.

The problem is : The instruction in TEXT section can not load data in

other (DATA) sections. It seems there is a relocation to the data section .

For example:   If I use

    for (init_fnc_ptr = init_sequence; *init_fnc_ptr; ++init_fnc_ptr) {
        if ((*init_fnc_ptr) () != 0) {
            hang ();
        }
    }

I can't jump to functions in  init_sequence[]  ;

If I called functions such as    get_clocks()  in board_init_f  , it works fine.

So the code in board_init_f can not load address in init_sequence[] , because

init_sequence[]  is out of TEXT section.

The same thing happens with iop_conf_tab[][], and strings used by "puts".

Anyone there has the same problem? Or know the point? Pls help!

Great Great Thanks !
-JRJR