[U-Boot] uboot on microblaze, compilation error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 17 20:16:43 CET 2010

Dear "Horst Gall",

In message <001701cac601$5a380c50$c801a8c0 at xeon> you wrote:

> I try to compile an actual version of u-boot for xilinx microblaze.
> The linker ends with the error-message:
>
>     ... mb-ld.real:u-boot.lds:1: parse error
>
> In u-boot main-directory I found the file 'u-boot.lds':
>
>     OUTPUT_ARCH(1)
>     ENTRY(_start)
>     cpu/1/start.o (.text)
>
> When I change the "1" to "microblaze" it works:

The linker script is run through the C preprocessor. Obviously your
toolchain auto-defines "microblaze" as "1".

> How can I fix this problem?

Fix your toolchain. "microblaze" is not a reserved identified, and
your toolchain is not supposed to mess with it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Once they go up, who cares where  they  come  down?  That's  not  my
department."                                       - Werner von Braun