[U-Boot] serial init

Michael Zaidman michael.zaidman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:37:57 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Valentin Ecker
<valentin.ecker.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> well, i don't want to use the second com port of the ns16550. Im using an
> external serial chip over EMIF.

I am not familiar with Davinci architecture and probably my case is
completely different from yours but on our board we have dual uart on
mpc8349 chip + external quad uart ns16554 chip connected via local
bus. The current u-boot code supports up to 4  ns16550 devices, i.e.
from COM1 to COM4. So I extended the serial_ports array to 6 entries
and in this way got ability to communicate via COM5 and COM6.

Michael.