[U-Boot] The abortboot routine misses key hits issued via netconsole.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 21 13:35:20 CET 2010

Dear Michael Zaidman,

In message <660c0f821002240238t71a6d793we93747bbb8bb8cf9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> The "Hit any key to stop autoboot:" of abortboot routine misses
> the key hits issued via netconsole.
> It happens due to delays of 10ms used to count passed seconds in
> the abortboot routine of main.c file. All key events arrived
> asynchronously during these delays are lost.

If I understand your message correctly you did not try changing this
10ms delay?

I mean, functionally it makes no difference if we implement the 1
second delay loop as 100 iterations of 10 ms or as 1,000 iterations
of 1 ms or as 10,000 iterations of 100 us. OK, the shorter the delay
the worse the accuracy due to the per-loop overhead, but this could be
easily fixed if it really was a problem.

Maybe you can try of 1000*1ms or 10,000*0.1ms works for you?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like
it the least.                         -- Philip Earl of Chesterfield