[U-Boot] Location of headers for IP blocks

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Mar 22 17:23:56 CET 2010

Hi Scott,

> When an IP block can be shared among several different
> architectures, where should the _header_ files be located?
>
> Examples of such blocks would be OpenCores peripherals,
> Altera peripherals, etc.
>
> Some peripherals may not need to export any interfaces,
> so no header file is necessary. But this certainly is not
> the case for all peripherals.
>
> Any precedents, comments, suggestions?

Linux is always a good precedent, so checking there should give us a
clue.

Apart from that I'd go for include/device-type/...   Names of
manufacturers change _way_ too often :)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Another helpful hint for successful MIME processing:

application/msword; rm -f %s; description="MS Word Text";