[U-Boot] console_buffer

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:00:28 CET 2010

Hi Frans,

On 3/24/2010 12:52 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> yet another potential cleanup:
>
> I see both:
> extern char console_buffer[];
> and
> extern char console_buffer[CONFIG_SYS_CBSIZE];
>
> (and in fact console_buffer is declared as:
> char        console_buffer[CONFIG_SYS_CBSIZE + 1];	/* console I/O buffer	*/
> so with a +1).
>
> Questions:
> is the first or the 2nd form preferred?
> and if it is the 2nd form should it not have the +1?
> and wouldn't it be better to have this extern in a .h file (and if so
> which one)?

Your interest is definitely appreciated.  As a general remark, you're
more likely to get meaningful feedback if you just submit what you think
is best.  You'll get more feedback when people don't like what you did,
but any EE will tell you that negative feedback is the path to stability :)
> Frans

regards,
Ben